Saturday, May 9, 2009

In the Middle of Everywhere


Berlin was such an amazing place to finally see.  I have been to Germany numerous times but can only say I have seen the small corner near France.  The fact that I had only three hours of sleep before my arrival was dragging on me until we got out of the airport and the excitement hit me.  The bonus of going to Berlin, especially from Copenhagen is that everything was so cheap that it might as well have been free (except for that pair of Dunks).  

We managed to book an apartment run by some hippies specializing in organic foods and yoga instruction.  Free classes were available to all but after watching the class exit late one night I knew it was not for me.  Since I forgot my guidebook by the door in Denmark, I had to go on memory alone to check off what I wanted to see before my flight out.  I lack the words to describe the awestruck feeling that I was repeatedly overcome by in the city.  The Pergamon Museum was a special treat as I was really taken by a two story marble facade.  

My time there was short but I will be back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment