Sunday, March 15, 2009

What Time Is It?
















Game Time.  Every other Sunday is the pub quiz at one of the local Irish pubs.  As you could imagine, I though it would be easy to dominate the field at trivia.  Being confident that I will be on the winning team (and more importantly the "1st Place Trophy" bottle of whisky) I did bring a certain amount of swagger to the field.  I like to think this confidence comes from my luck at having grown up in the great state of Texas.  You could imagine my horror and feelings of shame when on the first outing, we finished fourth.  On the second attempt the team finished third but I was not there to take part of the celebrations (the "3rd Place Trophy" is the most disgusting alcohol I have ever run across called Fisk).  I go out today focused on victory.  Go ahead put the bottle on my table.  The flag of my state will be behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment